- NSERC John C. Polanyi Award, 2013
- Royal Society of Chemistry Bourke Award, 2012
- Raymond and Beverly Sackler Prize in the Physical Sciences, 2011
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, 2009
- Royal Society of Canada Rutherford Memorial Medal in Chemistry, 2007
- Scholes, G.D., Fleming, G.R., Olaya-Castro, A. & van Grondelle, R. (2011). Lessons from nature about solar light harvesting. Nature Chemisty, 3(10), 763–74. DOI: 10.1038/nchem.1145.
- Collini, E., Wong, C.Y., Wilk, K.E.,… Scholes, G.D. (2010). Coherently wired light-harvesting in photosynthetic marine algae at ambient temperature. Nature, 463(7281), 644–47. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nature08811
- Collini, E., & Scholes, G.D. (2009). Coherent intrachain energy migration in a conjugated polymer at room temperature. Science, 323(5912), 369–73. DOI: 10.1126/science.1164016
- Scholes, G.D., & Rumbles, G. (2006). Excitons in Nanoscale Systems. Nature Materials, 5(9), 683–96. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/nmat1710
- Scholes, G.D. (2003). Long range resonance energy transfer in molecular systems. Annual Review Physical Chemistry, 54, 57–87. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.physchem.54.011002.103746
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.