Julie-Anne Boudreau held the Canada Research Chair in urbanity, insecurity, and political action from 2005-2015 at the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS) in Montreal. She is currently Senior Researcher at the Instituto de Geografia of the Universidad nacional autonoma de Mexico (UNAM), where she founded PATIO Lab, a space for participatory research on violence and cutting-edge sensitive mapping methodologies. From 2017 to 2023, she directed TRYSPACES, a group of researchers, artists, and urban professionals in Mexico City, Hanoi, Paris, and Montreal, exploring youth transgressive practices and their impact of urban governance. Her research focuses on juvenile geographies, political action, and urban transformation. Her latest book is Youth Urban Worlds: Aesthetic Political Action in Montreal, Wiley, 2021.
- Reconocimiento Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz, UNAM, 2023
- Trustee, IJURR Foundation, 2016-2024
- Member level 3, Sistema Nacional de Investigadores (SNI), 2017-2028
- Boudreau, J.A. (2022). City of repair: Practicing the future in Mexico City. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, pp. 1-21. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-2427.13102
- Boudreau, J.A. (2017). Global Urban Politics: Informalization of the State. Cambridge: Polity Press. 213 p.
- D. Davis and J.A. Boudreau (eds.) (2017). Beyond dichotomization: Informality and the Challenges of Governance in Cities of the Global North and South. Current Sociology. Vol. 65(2). https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/csia/65/2
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.