Keun Lee is a professor of economics at Seoul National University, and founding director of the Center for Economic Catch-up.
He is an editor of Research Policy, an associate editor of Industrial and Corporate Change, a council member of the World Economic Forum, and a life-time fellow of the Korea Academy of Science and Technology. He served as the President of the International Schumpeter Society (2016-18) and as a member of the Committee for Development Policy of UN (2014-18). One of his most cited articles is a paper on Korea’s Technological Catch-up published in Research Policy, with 1,110 citations (Google Scholar).
- 2014 Schumpeter Award (for his book on Schumpeterian Analysis of Economic Catch-up, Cambridge Univ Press) by the International Schumpeter Society (Germany), 2014 July
- Academic Prize by the National Academy of Sciences of Korea. 2015.
- The Award for the Research on the Korean economy (Korean Economic Association): 2017, 2.
- The Chung Foundation Award: A Prize for best book of year, awarded by Maeil Business Newspaper, July 2009.
- Chung-ram Prize, 2004 by the Korean Economic Association, (best economist in Korea under the age 45)
2019. The Art of Economic Catch-up: barriers, detours and leapfrogging. Cambridge Univ, Press.
2019. “National innovation systems, economic complexity, and economic growth,” Journal of Evolutionary Economics (with J. Lee), DOI: 10.1007/s00191-019-00612-3.
2018. “Impact of Financialization and Financial Development on Inequality (with H. Shin),” Asian Economic Papers 18 (1), 69-90.
2018. “Employment effect of innovation under different market structure (with J. Lim),” Technological Forecasting & Social Change, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2018.04.022. 2018
2013. Schumpeterian Analysis of Economic Catch-up: Knowledge, Path-creation, and Middle Income Trap, Cambridge Univ. Press 2013.
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.