Simon White is an astrophysicist best known for establishing numerical simulations as a research tool for comparing cosmological theory with astronomical observation. Over the last two decades, his work has played a significant role in shaping the picture of how galaxies form.
- Fellow of the Royal Society, 1997
- Foreign Associate of the U.S.A. National Academy of Sciences, 2007
- Gold Medal, Royal Astronomical Society, 2005
- European Latsis Prize, European Science Foundation, 2008
- Navarro, J., C. Frenk, and S. White. "A Universal Density Profile from Hierarchical Clustering." The Astrophysical Journal 490, no. 2 (1976): 493–508.
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec as well as foundations, individuals, corporations, and international partner organizations.