Alexandre Blais’ research interests include understanding how to control the quantum states of mesoscopic devices and applying the theoretical tools of quantum optics to mesoscopic systems. He is an active participant in the development of the field of circuit QED with superconducting qubits.
- Fellow of the American Physical Society, 2018
- Rutherford Memorial Medal of the Royal Society of Canada, 2018
- Prix Urgel-Archambault, Association francophone pour le savoir, 2014
- Herzberg Medal from the Canadian Association of Physicists, 2011
- NSERC E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowship, 2010
- Blais, A., et al. "Schoelkopf, Cavity quantum electrodynamics for superconducting electrical circuits: An architecture for quantum computation", Phys. Rev. A 69, 062320 (2004)
- Wallraff, A. et al. "Strong coupling of a single photon to a superconducting qubit using circuit quantum electrodynamics." Nature 431, 16 (2004)
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.