Anuradha Chowdhary is a medical mycologist, a physician scientist working in the field of human fungal infections, specifically pertaining to emerging and drug resistant fungi. She is in-charge of the National Reference Laboratory for Antimicrobial Resistance in Fungal Pathogens, at V. P. Chest Institute, University of Delhi, India. Her research interests include molecular ecology and population genetics of human pathogenic fungi, antifungal drug resistance mechanisms, especially Candida and Aspergillus spp, and the epidemiology of systemic mycoses. Currently she is working on the epidemiology, resistance and genomic insights of Candida auris, azole resistant Aspergillus fumigatus and terbinafine resistant Trichophyton species.
- Elected Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru, India 2021 -
- Elected Fellow, International Society of Antimicrobial Agents & Chemotherapy, 2021
- Elected Fellow, National Academy of Medical Sciences, India, 2019 -
- Elected Fellow, European Confederation of Medical Mycology 2017
- Elected Fellow, American Academy of Microbiology 2017
- Elected Fellow, Royal College of Pathologists, London, UK, 2015
- Elected Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America, 2014
- Jenull S, Shivarathri R, Tsymala I, Penninger P, Trinh PC, Nogueira F, Chauhan M, Singh A, Petryshyn A, Stoiber A, Chowdhary A*, Chauhan N*, Kuchler K*. (2022). Transcriptomics and Phenotyping Define Genetic Signatures Associated with Echinocandin Resistance in Candida auris. Mbio, 13(4), e00799-22.
- Yadav, A., Jain, K., Wang, Y., Pawar, K., Kaur, H., Sharma, K. K., ... & Chowdhary, A. (2022). Candida auris on apples: diversity and clinical significance. Mbio, 13(2), e00518-22.
- Arora, P., Singh, P., Wang, Y., Yadav, A., Pawar, K., Singh, A., ... & Chowdhary, A. (2021). Environmental isolation of Candida auris from the coastal wetlands of Andaman Islands, India. MBio, 12(2), e03181-20.
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.