Curtis Berlinguette leads a research program fully dedicated to solar energy conversion schemes, including the design of novel nanoscale materials for advanced solar cells, and the development of economically viable ways to store solar electricity as high-density fuels such as hydrogen. His program seeks to translate fundamental laboratory discoveries at interfaces into commercially viable devices.
- NSERC E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowship, 2016
- Strem Chemicals Award for Pure or Applied Inorganic Chemistry, 2016
- Canada Research Chair in Solar Energy Conversion, 2014
- Calgary's Top 40 Under 40, 2012
- Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship, 2011
- Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Energy Conversion, 2008
- Weekes, D.M., Salvatore, D.A., Reyes, A., Huang, A., & Berlinguette, C.P. (2018). Electrolytic C02 reduction in a flow cell. Accounts of Chemical Research, 51(4), 910-918. DOI: 10.1021/acs.accounts.8b00010
- Salvatore, D.A., Weekes, D.M., He, J., Dettelbach, K.E., … & Berlinguette, C.P.(2018). Electrolysis of gaseous CO2 to CO in a flow cell with a bipolar membrane. ACS Energy Letters, 3(1), 149-54. DOI: 10.1021/acsenergylett.7b01017
- Li, T., Kasahara, T., He, J., Dettelbach, K.E., Sammis, G.M., & Berlinguette, C.P. (2017). Photoelectrochemical oxidation of organic substrates in organic media. Nature Communications, 8, 390. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-00420-y
- Hu, K., Blair, A.D, Piechota, E.J., Schauer, P.A.,…& Berlinguette, C.P. (2016). Kinetic Pathway for Interfacial Electron Transfer from a Semiconductor to a Molecule. Nature Chemistry, 8, 853-859. DOI: 10.1038/nchem.2549
- Smith, R.D., Prevot, M.S., Fagan, R.D., Zhang, Z.,…& Berlinguette, C.P. (2013). Photochemical route for accessing amorphous metal-oxide materials for heterogeneous water oxidation catalysis. Science, 340(6128), 60-63. Doi: 10.1126/science.1233638.
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.