Foutse Khomh is a Canada CIFAR AI Chair at Mila and a professor at the Department of Computer Engineering and Software Engineering at Polytechnique Montréal.
Khomh is a leader in Software Engineering (SE) with strong emphasis on the use of Machine Learning (ML) in supporting SE activities, and the use of SE to engineer world-class trustworthy ML systems. His work uniquely combines his deep knowledge on software quality and ML to tackle the multifaceted problem of engineering trustworthy ML-powered software systems. Khomh’s research activities contribute theories, methods, and tools to support the development, testing, and release of dependable and trustworthy ML-powered software systems. His work has received four ten-year Most Influential Paper (MIP) Awards, and six Best/Distinguished paper Awards. Khomh is a recipient of the CS-Can/Info-Can Outstanding Young Computer Science Researcher Prize in 2020 – Canada’s highest accolade for an early career academic in Computing.
- IEEE TCSE Most Influential Paper (MIP) Award, IEEE Computer Society, 2021.
- IEEE TCSE Distinguished Paper Award, IEEE Computer Society, 2020.
- Outstanding Young Computer Science Researcher Prize, CS-Can/Info-Can, 2020
- FRQ-IVADO Research Chair on Software Quality Assurance for Machine Learning Applications, FRQ, 2019
- IEEE TCSE Most Influential Paper (MIP) Award, IEEE Computer Society, 2019.
- Amin Nikanjam, Houssem Ben Braiek, Mohammad Mehdi Morovati, Foutse Khomh, Automatic Fault Detection for Deep Learning Programs Using Graph Transformations, ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology 31, 1, Article 14, January 2022, 27 pages. doi: https://doi.org/10.1145/3470006
- Gias Uddin, Foutse Khomh, and Chanchal K. Roy, Automatic API Usage Scenario Documentation from Technical Q&A Sites, ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, 30, 3, Article 31, May 2021, 45 pages. doi: https://doi.org/10.1145/3439769
- Gias Uddin and Foutse Khomh, Automatic Mining of Opinions Expressed About APIs in Stack Overflow, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 522-559, 1 March 2021, doi: 10.1109/TSE.2019.2900245.
- Mohammad Masudur Rahman, Foutse Khomh, Shamima Yeasmin, Chanchal K. Roy, The Forgotten Role of Search Queries in IR-based Bug Localization: An Empirical Study, Journal of Empirical Software Engineering, 26, 116 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10664-021-10022-4
- oussem Ben Braiek, Foutse Khomh, On testing machine learning programs, Journal of Systems and Software, Volume 164, 2020, 110542, ISSN 0164-1212, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2020.110542
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.