Exploring organic-mineral-water-atmosphere interactions leading to prebiotic formation of protobiomolecules and protometabolism in the emergence of the earliest cells.
- 2024; Chair of Gordon Research Conference in Origins of Life
- 2017-2022 Member of National Academy of Science Committee for Astrobiology & Planetary Science
- 2011-present: Ohio Research Scholar Endowed Chair
- 2009 & 2013 Fellow of the Mineralogical Society of America (MSA) & Distinguished Lecturer of the MSA
- 2009: Univ of Wisconsin Romnes Faculty Fellow
- 2003 NSF CAREER Award
- Sahai N., Adebayo S. & Schoonen M. A. (2022) Freshwater and evaporite brine compositions on Hadean Earth: Priming the origins of life. Astrobiol. https://doi.org/10.1089/ast.2020.2396
- Namani T., Snyder S., Eagen J., Bevilacqua P. C., Wesdemiotis W. and Sahai N.* (2021) Amino acid specific montmorillonite-promoted RNA polymerization. ChemSystemsChem. 3, e2000060
- Hochella M. F., Jr., Mogk D. W., Ranville J., Allen I. C., Luther G. W., Marr L. C., McGrail P., Murayama M., Qafoku N. P., Rosso K. M., Sahai N., Schroeder P. A., Vikesland P., Westerhoff P. and Yang Y. (2019) Emerging understanding of anthropogenic and natural nanoparticle impacts on Earth systems. Science 363, eaau8299.
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.