Pablo Jarillo-Herrero is an experimental condensed matter physicist who works on quantum electronic transport and optoelectronics in novel two-dimensional materials.
His lab investigates their superconducting, magnetic, and topological properties.
- American Physical Society Oliver E. Buckley Condensed Matter Prize, 2019
- Physics World Breakthrough of the Year Award, 2018
- Fellow, American Physical Society, 2018
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, 2012
- Department of Energy Early Career Award, 2011
- Cao, Y., Fatemi, V., Fang, S., Watanabe, K.,... Jarillo-Herrero, P. (2018). Unconventional superconductivity in magic-angle graphene superlattices. Nature, 556, 43-50. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/nature26160
- Cao, Y., Fatemi, V., Demir, S., Fang, S. L.,... & Jarillo-Herrero, P. (2018). Correlated Insulator behaviour at half-filling in magic-angle graphene superlattices. Nature International Journal of Science, 556, 80-84.
- Hunt, B., Sanchez-Yamagishi, J.D., Young, A.F., ...Jarillo-Herrero, P., et al. (2013). Massive dirac fermions and hofstadter butterfly in a van der waals heterostructure. Science, 340(6139), 1427 LP – 1430. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1237240
- Xue, J., Sanchez-Yamagishi, J., Bulmash, D.,...Jarillo-Herrero, P., et al. (2011). Scanning tunnelling microscopy and spectroscopy of ultra-flat graphene on hexagonal boron nitride. Nature Materials, 10(4), 282–285. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/nmat2968
- Heersche, H.B., Jarillo-Herrero, P., Oostinga, J.B., Vandersypen, L.M.K., & Morpurgo, A.F. (2007). Bipolar supercurrent in graphene. Nature, 446(7131), 56–59. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/nature05555
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.