Paul Pierson’s teaching and research includes the fields of American politics and public policy, comparative political economy, and social theory.
- Aaron Wildavsky Enduring Contribution Award, Public Policy Section, American Policital Science Association, 2011.
- Hacker, J.S. and P. Pierson. Off-Center: The Republican Revolution and the Erosion of American Democracy. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2005.
- Pierson, P. Politics in Time: History, Institutions and Social Analysis. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2004.
- P. Pierson, "Path Dependence, Increasing Returns and the Study of Politics," Am. Polit. Sci. Rev., vol. 94, no. 2, (2000) : 251-267.
- Pierson, P. Dismantling the Welfare State? Reagan, Thatcher, and the Politics of Retrenchment. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1994.
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.