AI & Society
Advancing our understanding of the ethical, legal, political, and societal implications of AI.
CIFAR AI & Society Publications
Through the Pan-Canadian AI Strategy, CIFAR convenes interdisciplinary meetings with Canadian and global thought leaders about the many current and emerging impacts of AI on society. Many of these discussions are captured through reports, which are made available to policy makers and the interested public.
Working with national and international partners, CIFAR helps to establish Solution Networks, cross-sectoral teams of interdisciplinary experts who design, develop, and implement responsible AI solutions that can address the complex challenges associated with emerging technologies.
AI Futures Policy Labs Toolkit
A self-led workshop for policy innovators to explore the intersection between public policy and AI.
Global AI Policy Collaborations
Through the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy, CIFAR contributes to global policy conversations to bridge the divide between powerful AI technologies and the policies that will ensure their responsible use.
- Federal Government's Advisory Council on Artificial Intelligence
- Public Awareness Working Group
- International Centre of Expertise in Montreal on AI
- Standards Council of Canada Artificial Intelligence Standardization Collaborative
- CIO Strategy Council
- Montréal Declaration for Responsible Development of Artificial Intelligence
- National Research Council of Canada
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.