Dzmitry Bahdanau is a Canada CIFAR AI Chair at Mila, an adjunct professor at the School of Computer Science at McGill University, and a research scientist at ServiceNow Element AI.
Bahdanau’s research goal is to further the adoption and widespread use of language user interfaces for human-computer interaction. His research seeks to align ideas from the disciplines of deep learning, linguistic, and symbolic AI. Topics of key interest to Bahdanau include semantic parsing and task-oriented dialogue models, in particular making such models generalize more systematically, perform effectively with less training data and be easily adaptable to new domains.
- Hosseini, A., Reddy, S., Bahdanau, D., Hjelm, R. D., Sordoni, A., & Courville, A. (2021). Understanding by Understanding Not: Modeling Negation in Language Models.
- Bergen, L., Bahdanau, D., & O'Donnell, T. J. (2021). Jointly Learning Truth-Conditional Denotations and Groundings using Parallel Attention.
- Scholak, T., Li, R., Bahdanau, D., de Vries, H., & Pal, C. (2020). DuoRAT: Towards Simpler Text-to-SQL Models.
- Hui, D. Y. T., Chevalier-Boisvert, M., Bahdanau, D., & Bengio, Y. (2020). BabyAI 1.1.
- Żołna, K., Saharia, C., Boussioux, L., Hui, D. Y. T., Chevalier-Boisvert, M., Bahdanau, D., & Bengio, Y. (2020). Combating False Negatives in Adversarial Imitation Learning (Student Abstract). In Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (Vol. 34, No. 10, pp. 13999-14000).
CIFAR is a registered charitable organization supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta and Quebec, as well as foundations, individuals, corporations and Canadian and international partner organizations.